The Exchange Newsroom War Memorial, in the city of Liverpool
The monument was originally unveiled by the 17th Earl of Derby on 1st January 1924 at Derby House, Liverpool. It was moved in 1953 when the original Exchange building was rebuilt.
Sculptor Joseph Philips
1914 – 1919 In remembrance of members of the Liverpool exchange
newsroom, who gave their lives for right and freedom.
Britannia stands wearing a breastplate and helmet, covered by a cloak and holding a trident, and sheltering a small girl. Below are depicted three soldiers, a sailor, and a nurse who tends to one of the soldiers.