Maxwelltown War Memorial, Dumfries, Dumfries & Galloway, located at the junction of Rotchell Road, and New Abbey Road, Dumfries. Unveiled June 4th 1922. Sculptor Henry Price born in 1872 in Wrexham, Denbighshire. The memorial was commissioned by The burgh of Maxwelltown at a cost of £700. The base of the memorial is an obelisk of grey granite, on which is stands the highly unusual figure of a King’s Own Scottish Borderer, with outstretched arms. The imagery mirrors that of Christ suffering on the cross for the redemption of mankind.